Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hmm. Blogging at the beginning of November, and then right at the end. Ah well, at least I'm trying.

I'm at my lunch escape from a busy day of student teaching ESL students in a French immersion school. Feeling...tired. Yesterday I sort of went through the day in a haze, thinking, "I must figure out what to do with these kids!" but having no thoughts consequently come through my muddled head. Later on last night, at Wilde Roast Cafe, the ideas just poured out of me, and now I'm on fire. But still "le tired". I think one of the French interns tried to talk to me, but I was at that point tuned out, thinking about whether my lunch would need another minute to thaw out. No idea what she was trying to say. And then I walked out. I probably looked really rude, but I just didn't understand. And I also have to make a worksheet, write a lesson plan, and figure out if I have any usable video. During my lunch time.

On the way in this morning I kept thinking how great it would be to have a snow day. At the age of 25, it remains that glimmering surprise that could be just around the corner of any winter day. And while I look forward to many things as a teacher, I am definitely looking forward to the chance to have snow days and winter and summer vacations.

This blog post has absolutely no point at all. Except maybe to make me think of where I am right now: it's the last week of my full time student teaching at this placement. Next week I go back to part time, and then I'll say goodbye to l'Etoile du Nord:( And to my university classes:)
And then it's one semester down, Spring semester, two student teaching placements, May term, one student teaching placement and summer classes to go until I am done. Wheeee!

No comments: