Thursday, June 11, 2009

Unemployed

I have a new computer.  One that actually works with that thing called the internet.  One that actually allows me to update my blog.  Which is what I'm doing.  

How am I doing?  Friends and family ask me this.  I'm not sure what to say.  Because I'm unemployed.  Thus I feel like a non-functioning member of society (not true...I still have to buy stuff, like food).  I have the job of looking for work, sending millions of emails with my resume attached to them, calling employers of all kinds, but I find there's a lot of time to sink into the unemployment stupor.  The one where you watch movies and eat ice cream as a way to escape the reality that you have nothing to do today.  Luckily I have been generally able to avoid the unemployment stupor this time around, by giving myself a daily to-do list and kicking myself out of my apartment as much as possible.  And it all seems to be working okay...except I'm not getting a job.  I'm working on myself, trying to take the time (because I have so much of it anyway) to really listen to my inner voice.  My inner voice that tells me, "I'm bored...".  

What's a girl to do?  Sit in a coffeeshop and update her blog, I guess.  Maybe I'll get adventurous and do something with pictures.  Maybe someone will walk up and give me a job spontaneously.  Maybe I'll...find some ice cream.  Yeah, I can handle that task.  

No comments: