Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Letter to the Narcissists

Dear Narcissist,


I'm done. I'm done being treated as an inferior being. I have waited patiently to be noticed for all the things I did to please you, to be shown a bit of love. It never came. I'm done feeling that one day you'll see the error of your ways. You won't. I'm done thinking I can do something to make you stop hurting me. I can't.


However...


I insist that I be treated with respect. I refuse to let you put me down, demean me and ignore me. I will be heard. No matter what you think. It doens’t matter anymore. I have nothing to lose. You will never value me anyway, so I may as well go down fighting. You won’t see me if I do what you say, you won’t see me if I don’t. But you will respect me. Because I demand it. Because, though I can love you from a distance, I will not let you close enough to hurt me anymore and I only need you to treat me with the respect I deserve when i’m in your presence.


I am intelligent, beautiful, compassionate, capable, empathetic, innovative, strong, and courageous. I have an enormous amount of potential to become everything I’ve ever wanted to be (NOT what you want me to be) and now that I realize I can gain your approval in no way, I am free to do exactly as I please. I am free.


I do my part now, an example to others that we do not have to take it, we can throw it back and come out on top, laughing because it's no longer important what you think. Expect me to call you out on being disrespectful. Expect me to demand you atone for your insensitive comments. Expect me to laugh at your ego. Expect me to succeed and to soar.


Sincerely,

The disgruntled woman

1 comment:

been blessed said...

Holy shit. that was awesome.